We are committed to giving you an excellent service, details of which are explained in our practice leaflet.
Our Charter explains how by working together we can achieve the standards towards which we are working.
WE OFFER YOU:
- A courteous welcome by a receptionist.
- An appointment on the same day if it's an emergency.
- An appointment within two days if urgent.
- Routine appointments available 1 month in advance.
- An explanation if you are kept waiting for more than 30 minutes.
- Telephone advice from a doctor between 11 and 11.30 am.
- A home visit if you are permanently housebound or a severe illness prevents you from getting to the surgery.
- Repeat prescriptions within 48 hours of receiving written notice of your request.
- Respect for religious and cultural beliefs.
- Access to patient notes.
- Be referred to secondary care if GP thinks appropriate.
- Make comments, complaints, suggestions freely, including in private with the practice manager.
- Entitlement to a chaperone if required.
- Offer healthy living advice as appropriate.
WE ASK YOU TO:
- Request a home visit only when truly necessary.
- Arrive on time for your appointment or cancel with as much notice as possible if you cannot attend.
- Telephone before 11.00 am if you need a home visit.
- Telephone for results between 12.30 and 15.00 pm.
- Remember that an appointment is for only one person.
- Let us know of any change of address and/or telephone number.
- Request repeat prescriptions in writing and provide suitable authorisation where someone else will collect the prescription on your behalf.
- Let the receptionist know if you have made arrangements to meet somebody here as in the interests of confidentiality we are unable to tell enquirers whether you are in the building.
- Treat our receptionists, doctors and nurses with the courtesy which you would expect to receive yourself.
This practice adopts the NHS zero tolerance approach in the event of violence or abuse from a patient. Such behaviour will result in the patient being removed from the practice list and the Registration Department being informed.
This practice supports and adheres to the NHS core principles.
Patients are asked to support and adhere to the guidance.
A copy of the guide is available via this link.